Google Hangouts is being deprecated over 2018 as Google updates to Google Hangouts Meet. However, until Hangouts is fully retired you can still record classic Hangouts via Hangouts on Air/Youtube live.
- Before you begin using Hangouts on Air, you will need to verify your YouTube account. Account verification takes 24 hours.
- Once your account has been verified, follow this link to create a Hangout on Air via YouTube live.
- Under Basic Info, create a Title, and pick a Start Time.
- Be sure that the Type option is set to Quick (using Google Hangouts on Air).
- In the privacy settings drop down menu on the right, select Public, Unlisted, or Private.
- An unlisted event is viewable to anyone with a link to the event, while a private event is viewable only by people you share the event with.
NOTE: Your recorded video will upload to your YouTube channel once you leave the Hangout on Air.
For more resources, visit Google Support.