By rule, Turnitin does not flag drafts of the same paper, submitted by the same student, in the same course. It will however flag a paper submitted by the same student to two or more courses, if each course is using Turnitin. This guide gives the correct settings for a general purpose, student accessible Turnitin folder, that will not add their papers to the Turnitin database for future plagiarism checking.
NOTE: No due date or assessment settings are used for this assignment, it is intended to be an ungraded workspace.
- From your D2L course, click on
from the navigation bar.
- Click on the
New Submission Folder
- Enter a Name.
- Click on the Turnitin tab.
- Check the box for Enable for this folder, under the Turnitin Integration section
- Check the box for Allow learners to see Turnitin similarity scores in their submission folder.
- Click the More Options in Turnitin button. A pop-up window should appear.
- Click on the Optional Settings header to expand the menu.
- Uncheck the box for Student Paper Repository for Compare submitted
papers against the following sources.
- In the Submissions to this assignment will be stored in: dropdown menu, select Do not store the submitted papers.
- All other settings should be left on the defaults.
- Click the Submit button, to close the Turnitin pop-up window.
- Back in D2L, click the Save and Close button.