Step 1: Create a Module
A module is D2L's word for folder: it's there to help you organize files.
- Click Course Content from the navigation bar in your course.
- Find the Table of Contents column on the left. Scroll to the end of the column.
- Enter the name of your module in the Add a module field.
- Many instructors create a module named "Course Information" to include the syllabus, assignment schedule, and other reference materials.
Step 2: Upload Syllabus to Your New Module
We recommending converting your syllabus to PDF, but a Word document (.docx) works fine too. Using standard, web-ready document types helps ensure that your students can easily access your materials.
- Click Course Content from the navigation bar.
- In the Table of Contents column, select a module (the Course Information module from the previous step, if you like).
- Click the New button, and click Upload Files.
- Click the Upload button in the pop-up window.
- Navigate to the file on your computer, and select it.
- Click the Add button from the pop-up window.
For additional resources, see D2L Course Content.