The Assignments tool is used to collect digital files from your students. Individual assignment submissions are visible only to instructors and TAs in the course, not to other students.
- Click on Activities from the course navigation bar, and select Assignments from the list.
- Click on the New Submission Folder button.
- Enter a Name for the assignment in the text box.
- Choose the Individual submission folder option from the Folder Type options.
- If you want to set date restrictions for when students can submit files, click on the Restrictions tab at the top of the page. Otherwise, skip to step 8.
- You can use the Has Due Date checkbox and date fields to set a due date for the assignment. This means that students can submit both before and after the due date, but late submissions are flagged.
- If you want to restrict the time period where students can submit assignments, use the Has Start Date and/or Has End Date checkboxes and date fields.
- Click the Save and Close button to finish.