Create a Grade Item in the Grade Book
- Click on Grades and then Grades from the navigation bar in your course.
- Click the New button, and then choose Item from the list.
- Choose grade item type Numeric by clicking on the blue link.
- Enter a Name in the text box.
- Enter the Maximum Points value in the Grading section.
- Click the Save and Close button to exit.
Link Activity Folder to Grade Item
Now that you have a grade item created, you can link it to an assignment folder.
- Click on Activities and then Assignments from the navigation bar.
- Find your assignment in the list, and click the drop down menu to the right of the title. Click Edit Submission Folder from the list.
- On the Properties tab, Choose a Grade Item from the drop down menu.
- Enter a point value in the Score Out Of field. This point value should match the point value you entered for the grade item in step 5 in the section above.
- Click Save and Close to exit.