You can grant special access to individual students who may need more time to take the quiz, different start or end dates, or allow for late submissions. These settings can be used to fulfill Disability Resource Center (DRC) accommodations in some cases.
Note these steps can be repeated, if multiple students need different access settings.
- Click on Activities and then Quizzes from your course navigation bar.
- Click on the quiz you want to edit from the list.
- Click the Restrictions tab.
- Scroll down to the Special Access section at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Allow selected users special access to this quiz radio button.
- Click the Add Users to Special Access button.
- Set your conditions:
- Choose a Start and/or End Date, and timing restrictions.
- Check the Override attempts allowed box if the student needs additional attempts; use the Attempts Allowed dropdown to choose the number of attempts.
- Under the Users section, search for users by ODIN or name, or find the student in the list.
- Click the checkbox next to the user's name, and click Add Special Access.
- Click Save and Close to finish.