You can share YouTube videos that you have created and uploaded yourself, or videos that other YouTube users have created directly to D2L. For copyright purposes, YouTube generally recommends linking to videos that you do not own. See Copyright and YouTube for more details.Add Link to YouTube Video in D2L
Embed a YouTube Video in D2L
Find Link or Embed Code for a YouTube Video
- Click Course Content from the navigation bar of your course.
- Use the Table of Contents menu on the left to open the module you want to add a link to.
- Click on the New button below the module name.
- Click on Create a Link from the drop down menu.
- Type a descriptive name for the link in the Title field.
- Use a descriptive title (e.g. "Haraway's Cyborg Manifesto"). Do not use titles like "click here" or "link".
- Be sure to include http:// or https:// in the address.
NOTE: These instructions can be used for any existing text document created in D2L. In this example, you will create a file from scratch.
- Go to YouTube and locate the video you want to embed in D2L.
- Click the Share link under the video title.
- Click the Embed tab.
- Copy the full text of the embed code from the text box under the Embed tab.
- In D2L, click on Course Content. Click on a module from the Table of Contents on the left.
- Click the New button below the module name.
- Click on Create a File from the drop down menu.
- In the text editor, click on the < / > symbol in the lower right corner to edit HTML.
- Paste the embed code under the <body> tag in the HTML Source Editor pop-up window.
- Click Save.
- Add any descriptive text you need in the text editor, and click Publish or Save as Draft.
- Go to YouTube and find the video you want to link or embed.
- Below the title of the video, click Share.
- Select the Share or Embed tab.
- Copy the URL or embed code.
For more information on sharing, see the Google Support Article on Sharing Videos.