A channel is used to organize and share YouTube videos. Each YouTube member has a channel of their own by default.This is a personal channel, that cannot be managed with other users. If you want to co-manage a YouTube channel, called a brand account, you will need to set up a new channel.Create a New YouTube Channel
Add Channel Managers
Create a New YouTube Channel
- Sign into your pdx.edu Google account.
- Navigate to www.youtube.com/channel_switcher
- Select Create a New Channel
- Give the channel a name, and click the Create button.
- Verify your account, if prompted, following the on-screen directions.
- From here, you should be taken to your new channel page.
Add Channel ManagersBrand account channels can be co-managed. This means that multiple Google users can edit and administer the channel without sharing passwords. Only the channel owner can add managers.
- Browse to www.youtube.com/channel_switcher and select the page you want to manage. Click OK.
- Go to www.youtube.com/account and click Add or remove managers from the Overview tab.
- In the Managers section, on the Overview tab, click the Add or remove managers link.
- Click the MANAGE PERMISSIONS button.
- On the manage permissions pop up, click the + icon in the upper right.
- Look for this icon: