Send an Email to your Classlist Using Google Groups
Approximately two weeks before the start of each term, a Google Group is created for each course in Banner. These groups are maintained for 2 terms. You can use your class group to email all students enrolled in your course.
NOTE: This method is completely separate from D2L mail. Emails are sent directly to students' PSU Gmail accounts.
- Sign into your PSU Gmail account from mail.pdx.edu.
- Click the Compose button on the left.
- In the To field, type the course name.
- Use the format "department abbreviation-course number-course section" (e.g. "ling-470-002").
- Select your course from the list by date (e.g. Winter 2015).
- Compose and send your email as needed.
For more information, see the OIT website article on Automatic Class Google Groups.