Invite a Guest to your Collaborate Session
Previous versions of Blackboard Collaborate required downloading and launching an app from your computer. The current version, released to PSU in December of 2015, runs from your web browser without additional software.
- Open your course in D2L by logging into https://d2l.pdx.edu.
- Click on People > Collaborate from the navigation bar.
- In the new web browser tab, create a new session by clicking the + (plus) icon in the upper right corner.
- In the sidebar, enter a session title, and other event details.
- Scroll down to click the Session Settings tab for additional settings.
- Click the Save button to create your session.
- From the My Sessions tab, you should see a link to your new session. Click on the title to access the collaborate room.
- Particpants who are enrolled in your D2L course can simply navigate to People > Collaborate to join the session.
NOTE: For more information about Collaborate, you can visit the Blackboard technical support website. The branding for this specific software is Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
Once you have created your session, particpants who are enrolled in your D2L course can simply navigate to People > Collaborate to join the session. You can invite guests who are not enrolled in your D2L course by using a URL provided in the Collaborate session.
- Open Collaborate from your D2L navigation bar, by clicking People > Collaborate.
- Find your session in the list, and hover your cursor over the link.
- Click on the pencil icon on the right of the screen to edit your session.
- From the sidebar that opens, open the Event Details tab, and scroll down to the Guest section.
- Copy the Guest Link and set the Guest Joins As option.
- Give the URL to your guests (via email, public post, etc).