Blackboard Collaborate is a video conferencing tool designed with classrooms in mind. It integrates with D2L, and is automatically available for all courses. You can connect with your students via video, audio, screen-share and chat.
- Open your course in D2L by logging into https://d2l.pdx.edu.
- Click on People > Collaborate from the navigation bar.
- In the new web browser tab, create a new session by clicking the + (plus) icon in the upper right corner.
- In the sidebar, enter a session title, and other event details.
- Scroll down to click the Session Settings tab for additional settings.
- Click the Save button to create your session.
- From the My Sessions tab, you should see a link to your new session. Click on the title to access the collaborate room.
- Particpants who are enrolled in your D2L course can simply navigate to People > Collaborate to join the session.
NOTE: For more information about Collaborate, you can visit the Blackboard technical support website. The branding for this specific software is Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.