Use the quiz tool to add multiple choice quiz questions to your Media Space videos.
NOTE: Due to limitations with the software, quiz videos cannot be directly embedded into D2L or other webpages. Use a web link instead. We anticipate that this should be fixed soon.
NOTE: Scores from video quizzes are only available from Media Space. They can be downloaded as a CSV or printable file, but they do not automatically export to D2L or other software.
Create a Video Quiz
- Log in to media.pdx.edu.
- Click Add New > Video Quiz.
- On the Media Selection page, click the Select button from a video in your My Media list.
- Ensure the cube icon is selected on the new page that opens.
- Click Start to create a quiz.
Overview of the Quiz Editor
The Quiz Editor has three main parts:
- Under Details, you can modify the quiz name, welcome message, and turn instructions on or off.
- Under Scores, you can set or modify scoring options.
- Under Experience, you can set or modify the quiz taking options. This s where you can choose whether or not to allow users to download quiz questions, edit their answers, or skip and come back to questions.
NOTE: All quiz questions are multiple choice.
- Click the play button in the video player, and pause the video where you would like to add a question, or move your cursor though the timeline below the video.
- Click the hexagonal plus icon in the player screen to add a question where the video is paused.
- Enter your question in the Add a Question Here box. All quiz questions are multiple choice.
- Add the answer to the Add the CORRECT Answer Here box.
- Enter at least one incorrect answer in the Add Additional Answer Here box.
- Click the hexagonal plus icon to add additional incorrect answers.
- Click the light bulb icon to add a Hint to the question or an explanation to Why the answer is correct.
- Click the white icon of two arrows in the upper left corner to shuffle the question answers. Otherwise, the correct answer will always appear first.
- Click the Save button when you are finished creating your question.
- Click the blue cube icon in the timeline if you need to edit your question.
- Click the eye icon below the video player to preview your quiz.
- Click the blue Done button when you have finished creating the quiz.
- Click Go to Media to view your finished video quiz.
Move a Question
- Click and drag the question icon in the toolbar to move a question.
- Click Save in the question editor to save the new location.
Preview a Quiz
- From the Quiz Editor, click the eye icon.
- In the window that pops up, begin the quiz by clicking the play button in the video player.
- Read the instructions, and click Continue.
- When you reach a question, click an answer and Continue. Click Skip for Now as needed.
- Click Submit once you are finished.
- Click Done
- Click the Close button to exit the quiz previewer.