As of March 2016, video quizzing can be added to videos in Media Space. Use the quiz tool to add multiple choice quiz questions to your Media Space videos.
NOTE: Due to limitations with the software, quiz videos cannot be directly embedded into D2L or other webpages. Use a web link instead. We anticipate that this should be fixed soon.
NOTE: Scores from video quizzes are only available from Media Space. They can be downloaded as a CSV or printable file, but they do not automatically export to D2L or other software.
Create a Video Quiz
- Log in to media.pdx.edu.
- Click Add New > Video Quiz.
- On the Media Selection page, click the Select button from a video in your My Media list.
Using the Quiz Editor
The Quiz Editor has three main parts:
- The Settings panel on the right side. The Settings panel opens to the General tab.
- The Video Player on the left side of the page, for video playback. Pause the player to add a question at a specific time.
- The Timeline displays the questions as they are added to the video.
The settings panel opens to the General tab. Start here to select your quiz settings. To change tabs, click the Apply link, or click the top toolbar to select from the settings menu.
- Add a Quiz Name.
- Edit the Welcome Message as needed.
- All questions must be answered before a quiz can be submitted. Check the box for In-Video Tip to include the text displayed.
- Checking the Question List box allows users to download a list of questions.
- Click the Apply link to move to the Experience tab.
- Choose whether to let users Edit Answer or Skip for Now.
- Click Apply to move to the Score tab.
- Decide whether to allow users to see their scores, or view answers.
- Click the Apply link to move to the How to Add a Question instructions, and save your settings.
NOTE: All quiz questions are multiple choice.
- Click the play button in the video player, and pause the video where you would like to add a question.
- Click the blue button in the player screen to add a question where the video is paused.
- All quiz questions are multiple choice. Enter your question in the Add a Question Here box.
- Add the answer to the Add the CORRECT Answer Here box.
- Enter at least one incorrect answer in the Add Additional Answer Here box.
- Click the black plus button to add additional incorrect answers.
- Click the light bulb icon to add a Hint or explanation (Why).
- Click the black icon of two arrows in the upper left corner to shuffle the question answers. Otherwise, the correct answer will always appear first.
- Click the Save button when you are finished creating your question.
- Click the blue magnifying glass icon in the timeline if you need to edit your question.
- Click Go to Media to view your finished video quiz.
Move a Question
- Click and drag the question icon in the toolbar to move a question.
- Click Save in the question editor to save the new location.
Preview a Quiz
- From the Quiz Editor, click the Preview Quiz button.
- In the window that pops up, begin the quiz by clicking the play button in the video player.
- Read the instructions, and click Continue.
- When you reach a question, select an answer to and Continue. Click Skip for Now as needed.
- Click Submit once you are finished.
- Click Done
- Click the Close button to exit the quiz previewer.